Both products prices are relevant to the size and selections made with each, however in most west Australian window size applications security screens are cheaper. Security screens come in two main designs, Secure Grille and Promesh.
Secure Grille is the more “old fashioned” Diamond grille screens, it is easily recognised by its honeycomb look and has been used around Perth on security doors and window screens since the early 80’s. Nowadays it is still a common and cost affordable security option available in 8 standard colours to suit most colour schemes on double brick Perth Homes.
Promesh is the top of the range in clear view security screens and door that is available. It is more expensive then
Plantation shutters have many benefits:
- They are a stylish addition to your home and can complement both traditional and modern décor.
- The angled slats can let light and air in while still protecting your privacy.
- A good plantation shutter is highly durable and will last for years.
- Help keep your home cool in summer and warm in winter.
- Easy to clean – a quick wipe with a damp cloth will normally do.
- Big, heavy slats won’t rattle or bank in the wind
Installation of shutters around a simple window will take just an hour or two, but more complex jobs (like a bay window) may take longer.
Because we custom-make each shutter to fit your window, there is a lead time for ordering the shutters. This varies according to the time of year and how busy we are; please call our team on 1300-798-776 to get an idea of our current lead times.
Plantation shutters can be fitted to almost any window but are far more common in residential properties than in commercial ones. This is because commercial properties tend to favour roller shutters and the increased security they provide and are less willing to pay the increased costs over blinds for style reasons.
The Price of aluminium roller shutters is typically calculated per square meter using the height and width of the opening or window, however some information is needed to give an accurate cost.
The 5 things that determine the price of a window roller shutter are
- The colour – Selecting a colour that suits your home decor or exterior is important, Our Nu Style shutters are available in 5 standard colours, that match well with White, Cream, Beige, Black and Charcoal tones, alternatively custom colours and powder coating are avalible. Our standard colour range are specially formulated to suit the common colours and decors of Perth homes.
- How you wish to control your roller shutter will also make up part of the cost. You can bring roller shutters up and down via manually winding, electric switch, remote control or 12v smart drive. Each diffrent operating cost has a diffrent cost that will be considered to determine the accurate price of your roller shutters
- The style of fitting, does your window slide or wind outwards? Awning windows and large doors most commonly are installed in a what we call a Face Fit style and may require a bottom U channel. Sliding windows are often installed in Reveal this is a tighter, slimmer fit and more cost effective. The style of your window, door or opening may attract a different fitting style that could require some fixing angles.
- The construction of you home also may effect the price, single story double brick homes are typically the base level installation, however double story or timber studded homes may require a more complex fitting and could effect the price of installing roller shutters on your home.
With all of the above information its fairly easy to work out an accurate price on what it will cost to have roller shutters installed, if you would like an estimate or an accurate free measure and quote, feel free to give us a call today on 1300798776 and we can easy work our how much your roller shutters will cost.