There’s no doubting the fact that high-quality roller shutters and outdoor blinds add incredible value to a property and offer a vast array of impressive benefits. However, with the ever-increasing cost of living and budget hikes forecast, it’s natural to look for cheaper alternatives and ways to save some hard-earned cash.
At Nu Style Shutters, we are often asked about DIY installation by budget-conscious homeowners who want to improve their homes but save money where possible. If you’re thinking of installing roller shutters or alfresco blinds yourself, read on to find out why it may not be the best option.
Things To Consider About DIY Installation
DIY is an attractive option when it comes to projects around the home, and in some cases it can be a great budget-friendly solution as long as the proper care is taken, and manufacturer’s instructions are strictly followed. While DIY can save money on labour costs, it’s important to keep in mind that without the appropriate skill and expertise, even a simple job can end up more time consuming and more costly in the long run. You should also keep in mind:
- DIY roller shutter installation may often take longer than anticipated. If you are not handy with tools and experienced working with fixtures and fittings, it is almost guaranteed to take a much longer period of time than if it is installed by professionals.
- There is little room for error. Mistakes can be very difficult to fix and can even be dangerous. We often receive calls to fix poorly installed shutters or to fix problems that have occurred due to improper installation. Incorrect installation can cause shutters to brake, or even fall down and damaged your property or hurt someone.
- The right equipment and tools are required. Often this means you will need to hire, rent, or buy new tools as well as learn how to use them safely and appropriately to ensure a professional result.
If you’re a qualified tradesperson, or if you are very experienced in using a wide range of tools then DIY might be ok. However, it is important to keep in mind that shutters and blinds must still be custom made to the millimetre to ensure installation can be done correctly. Additionally, if your shutters or blinds are electric, then you will still need to organise a qualified electrician.
Professionals Are the Best Choice for the Best Result
To ensure a safe and successful installation, professional installers are almost always the best option. Using professionals will mean:
- Fast and efficient installation. Installers of shutters and blinds are highly trained and experienced, they get the job done in a timely manner and ensure it’s done to highest possible standard.
- Workmanship is guaranteed. By using our Nu Style installers, you can be sure that we know and understand how to work with the products you have chosen – including the electrical connection adjusting the motors and fixing the products properly. We stand by our workmanship and provide a warranty on the installation. If there are any installation issues, we will rectify them promptly.
- Appropriate tools and high-quality supplies. A professional installer will be equipped with the right tools and materials that are designed to be used with your new shutters or blinds.
Still Considering DIY?
If you’re thinking of installing roller shutters or outdoor blinds yourself, we do have supply-only options. We also provide roller shutters and blinds for supply-only to rural areas (on a weekly basis). For more information get in touch with us today, we can begin the process of quoting and provide you with a thorough understanding of the labour involved in installation. Shipping can be arranged, or the items can be picked up from our office over a coffee. We pack them in cardboard or bubble wrap and can supply fixings required to install the product also. Reach out to team today by calling 1300 798 776 or enquire online now.