If you are considering installing roller shutters, well done! Premium quality roller shutters that have been custom made to suit your specific needs will increase safety and peace of mind beyond measure whilst adding significant value to your home. If you have started researching and obtaining quotes, you might be wondering why prices vary so much and how you can be sure to choose the right supplier. Nu Style Shutters is the leading manufacturer of superior quality roller shutters, with over 20 years’ experience creating bespoke solutions for thousands of homes and businesses across Perth. Here we are going to answer some of the common questions we regularly get asked to help you understand your options before you take the plunge into having quotes done roller shutters on your home.
Why Should I Choose Australian Made Roller Shutters?
Not all window roller shutter systems are the same. Some are imported, some are made from inferior quality materials and are put together with cheap components to reduce the sale price. Not all roller shutters sold in Western Australia are manufactured in West Australia and often they are not assembled by and experienced manufacturing team with quality control measures. When you choose to install customised, locally made roller shutters manufactured by an experienced supplier, you can be sure you get:
- Roller shutters that have been specially engineered and manufactured to suit the West Australian climate and home constructions. (hot summers, direct sunlight, double brick homes, single pane glass ect).
- Roll-formed and quality extruded profiles, cut and assembled by experienced manufacturing technicians following strict quality control procedures, ensuring strict adherence to Australian standards.
- Premium grade materials delivering the highest quality and latest slim style roller shutter profile which blends seamlessly into your home, operates smoothly, and sits straight for the duration of the time the roller shutters are installed on your home.
- Superior powder coating paint finish with anticorrosive pigments and UV resistance additives, ensuring a long-lasting colour that won’t fade, crack or peel over time.
- Sealed bearings that will not seize up, maximising durability, longevity and providing smoother operation, felted springs that prevent scratching to your profile and the best quality electric motors and components available globally.
- Peace of mind that if anything goes wrong, the manufacturer is a just a phone call away.
How Much Do Roller Shutters Cost?
The best way to get an accurate quotation is to have an experienced consultant visit and measure and quote the job on site. This allows the consultant to measure accurately, determine the best solution and style of roller shutter for your needs and assess the location and surrounding conditions, look at the installation type, pick the colours and work out the method of control (manual or electric). If you are after a simple estimate, you can request a price either over the phone or by email, and while this is certainly helpful in establishing a ball-park figure, it may not be as accurate as an on-site quote nor may it allow you to understand exactly what is involved in the fitting and installation of your specific job.
What Factors Can Influence the Final Price?
There are many things that can determine the price of your roller shutters but generally it comes down to 3 main factors:
Size/Square Metres – taller or wider openings may impact the price more than standard size windows and doors.
Client Selections – this includes such things as the colour, finish, style of fit, and operation (manual or electric).
Installation – the difficulty of installation may affect the final cost of the job. Roller shutters installed on a single storey home with easy access will differ in price to those installed on a multi-storey dwelling or commercial premises.
How Do I Choose the Right Company for My Roller Shutters?
A quick online search will show hundreds of companies claiming to be specialists in window roller shutters, so it can be difficult to know which company to go with. Our advice is:
- choose a few companies from which to get a quote from – keep in mind that if a quote seems incredibly cheap it is usually for a reason. They may use inferior products or an offshore manufacturing operation, they may have only been in business for less than 12 months and not have an actual business location.
- ask questions – don’t be afraid to ask what makes their roller shutters the best. A knowledgeable consultant will advise all the details you need and offer recommendations on the best shutters for your needs, all roller shutters are different are made differently to different standards and quality.
- investigate reviews – most reputable companies will have an abundance of happy clients that have taken the time to review their service and products on websites and on social media, look at the good and the bad reviews for all of the companies you are considering.
- check out their workshop – they should have a local facility with the latest machinery that you can visit to see where your shutters will be made.
- find out how long have they been in business – in such a competitive industry, if a company is still going strong after many years that is a good sign of their quality and customer satisfaction.
- ask about warranties – reputable suppliers will back their quality and provide a guarantee of their workmanship
If you are looking to save money, choosing the cheapest quote may be the more attractive option, however, they may end up costing you more in the long run as they may not be able to stand the test of time and adequately protect your home or business. Roller shutters have many moving parts and if not manufactures and installed properly the first time they will certainly cause issues and experience break downs, it’s important that the installers also do not damage your home whilst fitting your roller shutters and that the company you deal with is fully ensured.
At Nu Style Shutters, we have been leading the way in roller shutter solutions for over 20 years. We continually invest in training and technology to keep us ahead of our competitors and at the top of the industry. Our commitment to providing the best quality products at affordable prices, award-winning customer service and after care has entrenched us the local Perth roller shutter supplier of choice. Call us today on 1300 798 776 and get a fair and accurate quote for your job.