Did you know, Nu Style Shutters offer a 10% discount on any of our products to all seniors with a valid Western Australian Seniors Card? That can help you save hundreds of dollars when you decide to install or upgrade your security shutters and screens. If that’s not incentive enough to improve the safety of your home, WA seniors card members can also claim a rebate of up to $400 per household towards the purchase of eligible home security or safety items! There really is no better time to add roller shutters or security screens to your home, read on to find out more.
Eligibility of Security Screen Doors & Window Shutters
For security screen doors to be eligible for a rebate of up to $400, the purchase/installation value must exceed $200. In addition:
- The security screen door must consist of a metal mesh screen or grated/grilled frame (or both).
- If you are engaging a tradesperson to install, repair or maintain a security screen door, then the Security Installer Licence must be in accordance with the Security and Related Activities (Control) Act 1996 and the Security & Related Activities (Control) Regulations 1997.
The security screen door being installed must also comply with the Australian Standards as listed below:
- AS 5039: 2008 (Security Screens Doors and Window Grilles)
- AS 5040: 2003 (Installation)
- AS 5041: 2003 (Method of Test)
You may also be eligible for a rebate of up to $400 on the installation of security window screens and window shutters as long as the purchase or installation value exceeds $100. Additionally, installed window shutters or screens must also comply with the Australian Standards specified above.
The Many Benefits of Window Shutters
Window roller shutters are an excellent security feature, but they also provide a wealth of additional benefits including:
- Temperature control and insulation
- Savings on energy costs
- Weather protection
- Noise reduction
- Privacy and light control
Rollers shutters also improve the overall aesthetics of your home, adding significant street appeal and in turn, value, to your property.
Things to Consider When Purchasing Eligible Security Items
If you want to take advantage of this amazing offer, there’s a couple of things you should keep in mind:
- Shop around to compare prices and value.
- Look for a reputable supplier who can provide a guarantee that their products meet all of the stringent Australian standards and eligibility requirements.
- Be wary of any suppliers who claim that extra work is needed above and beyond what you have sought a quote on.
- Ensure you request a tax receipt as proof of purchase – you will need this to make a claim for the Safety and Security Rebate. The tax receipt must state the Australian Business Number (ABN) and date of purchase.
Applying for the Rebate
There are several ways to apply for the Safety and Security Rebate, including:
- Apply online by logging into your WA Seniors Card account.
- Download an application form from the WA Seniors Card website. Once completed, it can be posted along with a copy of the tax receipt or email a scanned copy to [email protected].
- Request an application form be posted to you by calling the WA Seniors Card Centre on 1800 671 233 or by emailing [email protected].
- Visit the WA Seniors Card Centre (140 William Street, Perth).
- Visit any Department of Communities customer service counter.
- Visit ServiceWA Bunbury (24 Wellington Street, Bunbury).
Contact Nu Style Shutters – Perth’s Trusted Supplier of Security Doors, Screens and Shutters
If you would like a quote on home security products that will meet the eligibility requirements for you to claim the rebate, get in touch with our team today. We will visit your home and provide a fast and accurate quote, ensuring you receive the best value for money – and that includes giving you our special 10% seniors discount. Call us today on 1300 798 776 or enquire online now.
***some of the above information has been referenced from: seniorscard.WA.gov.au